Space Robot Control for On-Orbit Servicing
- Not designed for robotic grasping
- Physical properties unknown
- Fast spinning or tumbling
- High risk with proximity and contact operation
- Vision alone is insufficient for full estimation
- Space situation awareness
- Satellite on-orbit services such as refuel, rescue, repair, debris cleanup, etc.
- Flores-Abad, A.; Ma, O.; Pham, K.; and Ulrich, S.; “A Review of Robotics Technologies for On-Orbit Services”, Progress in Aerospace Science, Vol.68, 2014, pp.1-26.
- Flores-Abad, A.; Zhang, L.; Zheng, W.; and Ma, O.; “Optimal Capture of a Tumbling Object in Orbit Using a Space Manipulator”, Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, Vol. 86, Issue 2, 2017, pp 199–211.
- Meng Q., Liang, J.; and Ma, O., “Identification of All the Inertial Parameters of a Non-cooperative Object in Orbit”, Aerospace Science and Technology, Vol. 91, August 2019, pp. 571-582.