Congratulations to Dr. Kathy Ossman for receiving the 2014-2015 CEAS Master Educator Award and CEAS Neil Wandmacher Teaching Award.
In 2013, Dr. Ossman received the CEAS Master Educator Award and Outstanding Teacher Award, North Central Section, American Society of Engineering Educators (ASEE).
Congratulations to Dr. Joni Torsella for receiving the 2014-2015 CEAS Master Educator Award. Dr. Torsella also won the award in 2013.
Congratulations to Dr. Bucks, he was the recipient for the 2014 Neil Wandmacher Teaching Award for Young Faculty.
Congratulations to Dr. Kastner for placing 1st Place for Best Paper Award at the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE), North Central Section Conference.
Dr. Kastner recently received the 2014-2015 CEAS Neil Wandmacher Teaching Award Young Faculty. He also awarded the Professor of the Year by the Engineering and Applied Science Tribunal at UC in 2014.
Congratultions to Dr. Roseman (r) as he received the Distinguished Teaching Professor Award from Dean Carlo Montemagno (l) in 2008 for his efforts in teaching, advising, and mentoring undergraduate students.
Engineering Education Courses
- ENED1020 - Engineering Foundations (first year curriculum course)
- ENED1090 - Models I (first year curriculum course)
- ENED1091 - Models II (first year curriculum course)
- ENED3014 - Engineering Your Community (Fall Honors)
- ENED3061 - Probability and Statistics I (CHE, BME, and ME, 2nd year course)
- ENED7001 - Introduction to Engineering Education (Fall)
- ENED7002 - Learning Theories in Engineering Education (Spring)
CEAS Welcomes New Engineering Advisor to the Department of Engineering Education
CINCINNATI, OH (February 21, 2017)-Ms. Corinne Patterson comes to us from Cincinnati State where she served as a College Success Coach. She brings expertise in one-on-one student development and inclusive leadership programming, as well as a strong commitment to her alma mater. Prior to working at Cincinnati State, Corinne was a Coordinator for Leadership Development at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) where she supported the development of an entirely new functional area within the Division of Student Affairs. Corinne is a University of Cincinnati alum; she completed her BA in English and Comparative Literature in 2013 and a BA/MA in Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies in 2014.
CEAS Welcomes New Engineering Education Department Head
CINCINNATI, OH (AUGUST 29, 2016)— P.K. Imbrie, PhD, joins the University of Cincinnati College of Engineering and Applied Science as Department Head of Engineering Education, as well as Professor in the Departments of Engineering Education and Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Mechanics.
Imbrie comes to us from Texas A&M University where he was an associate professor in the Department of Engineering Technology and Industrial Distribution. Imbrie brings his expertise in engineering education having also served as the director of undergraduate education and interim director of undergraduate engineering education and innovation at Texas A&M. Imbrie holds a BS, MS, and PhD in Aerospace Engineering from Texas A&M.
Whitney Gaskins, PhD, is honored as the National Society of Black Engineers’ (NSBE) 2016 Golden Torch Dr. Janice A. Lumpkin Educator of the Year Award recipient.
As a star in the CEAS Department of Engineering Education (DEE), Gaskins excels far beyond the department’s mission to provide innovative teaching and learning techniques, to develop research opportunities for students and to offer student mentoring services.
NSBE is the premier organization serving African Americans in technology and engineering, recognizing distinguished industry professionals and leaders through the annual Golden Torch Award program.
Engineering Education News
- Engineering Education announces new department head, Dr. PK Imbrie
- Dr. Boerio and the 2016 Protege Summer Research Program
- Dr. Kastner and Dr. Ossman were recognized for their achievement during The Fourth Annual CEAS Night at Fifth Third Bank Arena.
- Welcome new faculty members: Dr. Whitney Gaskins and Dr. Nora Honken.
- UC Professors 'Flip' the Lectures
- Alumni Engineering Learning Center inverts education’s traditional model