Equity & Inclusion
The Equity and Inclusion initiative in the College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) is committed to creating a more inclusive and equitable environment within the college, and it welcomes all voices from the community. Any member of the CEAS community is welcome to attend our events, including E&I committee meetings and our Friday seminar series.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to learn more.
CEAS Is Listening
Our purpose is to foster an equitable, inclusive culture in CEAS. We need your input to make improvements for the community!
If you have comments, questions and/or suggestions for the college, please submit them via the CEAS is Listening form. Your submissions are anonymous unless you provide your information for follow-up. Submissions are regularly reviewed by IECE leadership several times a month.
Equity & Inclusion Committee
The CEAS E&I Committee is Responsible for promoting diversity, equity and inclusion through community outreach, partnerships, mentoring, training, data analytics, and other support programs to encourage an environment of respect for our differences & similarities within the College of Engineering and Applied Science.
- DEI in RPT
- Integrating DEI into the Curriculum
- CEAS Climate Survey
- Equity Fellows Program
Committee Members (2021-2022)
- Chair, Dr. Whitney Gaskins
- IECE- Sheva Guy
- Enrollment- Alex Van Fossen
- Graduate Office- Julie Steimle
- Advising- Darryl Daniels
- Human Resources- Katie Wellman
- Undergraduate Students- Jordan Samuelson & Keisha Ray
- Graduate Student- Maksym (Max) Krutko
- Aerospace Engineering & Engineering Mechanics- Cat McGhan
- Biomedical Engineering- Stacey Schutte
- Chemical & Environmental Engineering- David Wendell
- Civil & Architectural Engineering & Construction Management- John Dryden
- Electrical Engineering & Computer Science- Gowtham Atluri
- Engineering Education- Cedrick Kwuimy
- Mechanical & Materials Engineering- Moise Cummings
For E&I resources and more for current UC faculty and staff, visit our E&I Toolkit on Bearcats Landing!
The E&I Friday Seminar Series is hosted monthly on the 3rd Friday of each month at 10:00 am. Please see below for our fall programming.
- Participatory Methods to Foster Inclusivity & Create Actionable Change
- Friday, September 17, 10-11:30am
- Sheva Guy, PhD
- Fostering Belonging Through the Inclusion of LGBTQ History
- Friday, October 15, 10-11:30am
- J.A. Carter, PhD
- What to Do in the Moment
- Friday, November 19, 10-11:30am
- Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning
- Drs. Kimber Andrews and Beth Faller
- Safe Zone Training
- Friday, December 3, 10-11:30am
- LGBTQ Center
- Charmaine Kitsinis & Remington Freeman
The ROSE (Removing Obstacles for STEM Excellence) group researches topics related to Equity and Inclusion in STEM, Women in Engineering Experiences, Racially and Ethnically Diverse Student Experiences, Stress and Traumatic Stress, and Engineering Outreach.
Join us to learn more about our projects and how to get involved at the ROSE Research showcase via Teams on Friday, October 1st from 1-2pm!