Fire Science News
UC News article: UC's terrorism and security class to be taught nationwide.
By Nathan Jorgensen
"The University of Cincinnati's course titled Terrorism and Homeland Security soon will be a model course taught nationwide through the U.S. Fire Administration's Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education program".
UC News: Futuristic cars may soon take flight
Talent, industry unite in CID as DriveOhio, Microsoft, CBTS, UC students bring drone travel to life
City of Cincinnati: Meet the Chief, Fire Chief Michael A. Washington, Sr.
UC Fire Science graduate and adjunct professor, Mike Washington, named the City of Cincinnati's 18th Fire Chief in May 2021.
TERRORISM FOR EMERGENCY RESPONDERS - PROPOSED NEW NATIONAL FIRE ACADEMY COURSE
Larry Bennett, Program Chair, UC Fire Science, serves on National Fire Academy’s FESHE Curriculum Committee, and he has proposed this new “model” course to be used in the BS curriculum by all FESHE universities. We would appreciate your feedback (by Aug. 23) on topics important to the Fire Service. Send feedback directly to Larry or call him at 513-470-2744.
- Dec. 8, 2017: New Community Paramedicine course flyer posted - March 12 & 13, 2018
- April 5, 2017: Community Paramedicine - WVXU 91.7 Radio Interview with Assistant Fire Chief Will Mueller, Colerain Township (Adjunct Prof) and Lawrence Bennett: March 4, 2017 - Ben Haag Awarded Outstanding Student
- March 1, 2017 - UC Press Release On March 16, 2017 Community Paramedicine seminar and March 13-17, 2017 course
- March 1, 2017 - UC E-Currents article: Attacking the Overdose Epidemic with ‘Community Paramedicine,’ ‘Quick Response Teams'
- March 24, 2016 -Cincinnati Enquirer - "Community paramedicine can add follow-ups to EMS service."
- March 20, 2016 - Larry Bennett and Mark Johnston, EMS Coordinator at The Christ Hospital and UC Fire Science Adjunct, intervewed by Cincinnati Enquirer, "Christ Hospital, local fire departments launch house call pilot."
- Feb. 11, 2016 - EMS World Magazine interview of Larry Bennett, Dr. Kelly Cohen, UC Aerospace, "University of Cincinnati to Open Drone Flight School for Emergency Responders"
- Aug 19, 2015 - NPR Radio Station WVXU - Jay Hansleman interviews Larry Bennett, others and broadcasts story, "Your Local Paramedics Could Soon Be Making House Calls"
- Aug. 15, 2015 - Council on Aging of SW Ohio participates in UC Fire Science seminar on Community Paramedicine, and shares seminar flyer in their newsletter.
- Feb. 17, 2014 - UC's Fire Science and Emergency Management Program is hosting "Foundations of EMS and Community Paramedicine" from Feb. 17-21 in Mason, Ohio.
- Nov. 25, 2013 - Mark Fyffe, UC Fire Science grad, promoted to Assistant Chief, Union Township FD
- Sept. 27, 2013 - Steve Kelly, UC Fire Science grad and Adjunct Prof, appointed Fire Chief Miami Township FD, Clermont County
- July 31, 2013 - UC Fire Science - First In Nation To Launch National Fire Academy's EMS Administration Courses
- Nov. 2013 - UC Fire Science and UC Aerospace Flying High - More Flight Tests Scheduled in West Virginia
- Dr. Kelly Cohen, UC School of Aerospace Systems, and his graduate students, accompanied by Larry Bennett, UC Fire Science Program Chair, conducted flight tests of fixed wing UAVs in January, 2012 for West Virginia Division of Forestry for use in fighting wildland fires. Discovery Channel recorded and has now aired a news feature.
- On Nov. 5, 2013 - Dr. Cohen will be flight testing a quad Helicopter (4 blades) with West Virginia Division of Forestry. See demo flight at UC campus.
- July 18, 2013 - UC Fire Science Program Ignites Chiefs' Careers
Contact us at UCFireScience@uc.edu.